Our Tropical Tradewinds Wine is literally "Summer in a Glass!" Made from our Pineapple Wine, with the flavors of coconut, macadamia nut and vanilla blended in, you'll be feeling like you're on the beach somewhere, basking in the sun! Perfect for the days when you just feel like you need an escape to the Tropics! Serve well chilled or whip up into a wine slushy.
**Disclaimer: The Dole Whip recipe below is not my original recipe. However, I've adapted the Dole recipe using wine.**
Dole Pineapple Whips
- 2 20 ounce cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅓ cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 16 ounce container Cool-Whip, I use the fat free kind but you could use any type of whipped topping
- 2 Tablespoons for recipe, plus enough for serving (about a bottle) Mill Lane Winery Tropical Tradewinds Wine
- Drain the pineapple. Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar (or Splenda), and 2 Tablespoons of Tropical Tradewinds Wine in the blender and blend until smooth. Make sure that there aren't any chunks left.
- Pour into two gallon sized bags and lay flat in the freezer and freeze about 1 -1½ hours until slushy.
- Transfer whipped topping into a large bowl and fold the slushy pineapple mixture into the whipped cream. Return to the freezer and freeze until completely frozen about another hour.
- Scoop the mixture into a cup and pour Tropical Tradewinds on top to make it a float!
*** You can also use our regular Pineapple Wine for this recipe, which is out of this world yummy!! ***